Wednesday, December 09, 2015

A new front-end

Voyager Suspension

Well, our friendly little country road finally beat my cars suspension into submission. It was making lots of noise and had a little wobble at slow speeds. First I took it to Servicio Automotriz (Michelin) near our entrance road. I like the woman that ran the place before but she's not there and there's a new manager. His solution was to replace just about everything and that was 5000 pesos only for parts. After that he would have to check the struts, align it and add his labor. I could see that going to 8-9000 pesos so I took it down the street to Pancho, my usual mechanic.

Pancho said no ..... crazy prices and he could do it for much less. Brought it in the next day to check and it ended up needing 2 parts on the left side and 5 parts on the right. Left him with a 2000 peso deposit for parts and the next day the total was 3500 pesos .... that's 205 dollars at the current exchange rate. He also adjusted my rear brakes and took it down the street to be aligned. Guess what that would cost in the US.

0 comments:

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange