Sunday, November 11, 2012

Wendy's Quinceañera

By far the most impressive Quinceanera I've been to and I'm sure the family went into debt to pay for it. Wendy and her mom are neighbors of mine and I've been hearing about this for months. My Canadian neighbors arrived about a week ago and they are also good friends with the family. We did contribute but sure hope many others did.

It started with a Misa (Mass) at the church that was an hour and a half long. I didn't understand any of it but am sure it's a ritual of coming of age (15 year old girl) and income for the church. Probably 60-70 people at the Misa which started at 5:30.

The party started at 8 at Marisco's Ruby. They rented the whole hall for the night. Food, beer, a bottle of tequila on each table, fancy music system and light-show. Must have been 300+ people there, mostly from our community but probably most of the teenage boys in the area. Jimmy, Sandy and I were the only gringos. I took my Mexican neighbors family and we left early because they have a 2 year old ... and the Disco music was ... well, disco music. Very fun party.

Wendy arriving at the church

Her court

Her court at the party

The disco as the teenagers took over

1 comments:

John Calypso said...

They KNOW how to party ;-)

The construction of the house finished in April 2011 and I'm pretty much settled in. As of March 2014 I'm in preparation for rain mode for this coming summer. That includes sealing and painting things and dealing with drainage issues from last year.

Sparks Mexico Web
Manzanillo Information
House building in Pinal Villa

Archivo del blog

Expat.com

Expat Exchange